Well, Thursday's discussion of Star Girl was a smashing hit. Just Kidding, kind of. I think we all read this short story by Jerry Spinelli. It was about a quirky girl who was home schooled and decides to try high school out. There is a boy, Leo, who does like her, however, she is a bit odd and draws so much attention that he can't make up his mind whether or not to truly be with her. Since it's either/or situation he is stuck....This alone made the group think he was a coward and didn't actually deserve to be with a girl who was so orginal. It was also recognized this was a small town where no one wanted to stand out much which can be hard if it's you that everyone is talking about. This book made some recollect high school in a not so wonderful way. Which really, who loves high school games anyway. The real grown up world is much better ya? It also made us wonder what happens next. There is a sequel. Which I read. But I am not allowed to comment on. just yet...Overall, this book was a nice hit. I think it makes you look at how you treat others in general. Maybe we can be a little kinder, nicer, understanding of others. Or maybe we could look for ways to reach out to others in a way that isn't so obvious. I liked this read and hope you all did too!
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment