I wonder what did happen in those final hours to Amelia Earhart. How her life was completed. We know her last words for the world were "we must be on you, but cannot see you. Gas is running low." But we are unaware of the rest. It is well known I love to read endings of books first. This was equally as interesting to read the book and somewhat know the ending already. The book nookers and I loved this little story. It was witty, fun, intelligently written, adventurous and true. I liked this choice because it was written by her and full of her words, flights, and adventures as she flew around the world. She was able to captivate me with her first words-...Pilots are always dreaming dreams.
We loved her descriptions of countries, food, people, and smells- Her wit, dedication, and courage to fulfill her dreams. She was a hero to America at a time when they could use one.
Quips to share:
When asked why she wanted to fly around the world, she responded with, "Because I want to."
"Feet are the most interesting thing I have seen."
"The streets were tropic comic opera. Mother Hubbards draped from natives necks."
"Where Frenchmen are, there also is good food."
"Camels should have shock absorbers."
"Wherever there are Dutch people I believe one finds canals and the essence of cleanliness."
I enjoyed this read and how it drew me in to want to know more. It comes with high recommendations, from me! Until then, Happy Reading.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment