Friday, November 1, 2013

thankful

It seems every year I write about a few things I am thankful for.  The Thanksgiving holiday is filled with home and love and joy.  The spirit of it is then carried through to Christmas and it just makes me happy.  It is my favorite holiday.  As a kid we had to go around and tell what we were thankful for and it couldn't be what someone had already said.  It didn't matter what it was, which was great for us 5 kids with the attention span of -well 5 kids trying to sit still.  So, I am going to list 5 things this year I am thankful for and a few quotes for your reading entertainment.  Enjoy.

1.  I am thankful to get up at 5 in the morning and begin my day with seminary and scripture reading and cheerios.

2.  I am thankful for books.  Masses and masses of books.

3.  I am thankful for my testimony.

4.  I am thankful I didn't eat all my kids candy last night.

5.  I am thankful for rainy days.

"Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God" ~Psalms 147:7

"Blessing and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever.  Amen."~Revelations 7:12

"O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good:  for his mercy endureth for ever."~Psalms 136:1

"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings."~Henry Ward Beecher

"Gratitude is the sign of noble souls"~Aesop


No comments:

Post a Comment