So yes, I am so far behind with this blog. Time has just escaped me completely. It has flown by! Where have these last few months gone? Well, I am going to be brief and try to make up for some of this madness. We read The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemmingway. It was short. I confess I googled it and found most of the cliff notes on line. It was an interesting story. I vaguely remember good commentary on it. The old man has a struggle with a giant fish he catches but when he returns there is nothing left to prove he did it. Anyway, it is a good read and can be considered deep....Then, I chose Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. I loved it. Not everyone did. I think because of the time period and because the children were rounded up it was emotional. Also, not everyone loved the storyline. I have already given my take and speal on this so I wont go into too much more. I liked the history aspect. I liked the connection and passion she showed. Sometimes we all get a little obsessive about things in our life. Now that everyone is mildly caught up....
That takes us into December and Christmastime!!
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment